linkedin profile url
AIX Systems Engineer
Seeking challenging position with potential for continued growth in the areas of server, virtualization and storage technologies.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS:
• An IBM Power systems professional with 10 years of experience in Information Technology and 7 years of experience in installation, administration, configuration, design and technical support of enterprise AIX/Power Systems infrastructure.
• Subject matter expert on IBM PowerVM virtualization, SAN/Storage on AIX and AIX LVM.
• Problem determination expert.
• Excellent critical situation manager.
• Analytical mind.
• OS: AIX, linux, freebsd, solaris, OS X, Windows
• HW: All IBM p5, p6 and p7, IBM power blades, IBM X systems.
• Storage: IBM DS8k, IBM DS4k, IBM V7000, Hitachi AMS and other.
• High Availability: PowerHA/HACMP, VCS
• SAN: Brocade, CISCO MDS.
• FS/RAID: AIX LVM, Linux LVM, GPFS, ZFS.
• Backup/Restore: TSM, Netbackup.
• Virtualization: PowerVM, VMWare, KVM, FreeBSD jails.
• DB: Oracle (installation and host performance tuning), DB2 (basic knowledge)
• Performance: nmon, topas, sar, AIX traces, perfPMR, zabbix
• Programming: shell, lua, perl, C, python, ruby, tcl.
• Other: NIM, various open source software.
03/2011 - present IBM corp., Moscow, Russia www.ibm.com
Account Technical Representative
This role is the primary technical interface to customers for hardware and software technical and operational support, and for the delivery of services as required by the customer.
• Provided hardware and software technical and operational support of AIX/Power systems.
• Provided technical assistance and account management advice to less experienced personnel.
• Planned for, and executed, hardware services activities and assisted in software services activities including systems assurance, installation planning, account management, systems-level problem determination, installations, discontinuance, relocation, diagnosis, etc. for IBM and non-IBM systems
• Was accountable to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction with Service delivery, technical support and operational services for the customer accounts.
• Instructed formal (official IBM) and informal training on IBM AIX and Unix concepts.
Support Center Representative: SW AIX
This role participates in remote and onsite technical support of IBM AIX, PowerVM, PowerHA, HMC GPFS and other related products for entire CEE&MEA region (46 countries).
• Provided remote troubleshooting and analysis assistance for installation (or reinstallation), usage and configuration questions of IBM AIX and related products.
• Effectively collaborated with other support centers and business units to provide seamless problem resolution.
• Was recognized as subject matter expert on PowerVM, San/Storage, LVM/FS and DUMP analysis.
• Developed more than 40 scripts to automate log parsing tasks.
• Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills in an environment with different cultures and business practices
• Effectively managed and prevented many critical situations and achieved win-win situations where a gap exists between customer demands and IBM’s business.
10/2007 - 02/2011 Some systems integrator, Moscow, Russia http:/website.url/
Systems Support Engineer
• Installation and support of customer systems, including remote support.
• Participation in project development and deployment.
• Designed, deployed, and supported solutions using IBM pSeries systems from p510 through p595 using whole partitions, LPARs, and APV methods.
• Worked with customers on activities diverse as performance management, data center moves, development efforts, deployment of new systems, and system requirements / design of solutions.
• Deployed, and managed highly available solutions using HACMP, Oracle RAC, VCS and related technologies.
• Designed, deployed and supported SAN/Storage solutions using Brocade switches and EMC, Hitachi and IBM storage systems.
• Provided training on processes and technology to enhance co-workers knowledge
08/2006 - 10/2007 Some Bank, Moscow, Russia
Systems and Network Administrator
• Provided remote and local user support (Helpdesk for ~350 seats)
• Managed bank LAN.
• Installed, configured and managed bank server systems. (IBM System X servers running FreeBSD, MS W2k & W2k3, RedHat Linux)
• Managed MS Active directory.
• Installed and configured different software and middleware.
• Supported remote bank offices.
03/2005 - 03/2006 CD making company LLC, Moscow
Automation Engineer, Helpdesk Specialist
- User support, Helpdesk (~35+ seats)
- LAN support, administration and development.
- Server Systems administration maintenance. (RedHat Linux, MS Windows Server 2k)
- CD replication machines software maintenance (QNX RTOS, Lynx RTOS)
• 2013 — AIX Internship @ IBM Development support
• solving complex HACMP/PowerHA problems
• in-depth AIX performance analysis
• AIX SAN/Storage advanced configuration and problem determination
• 2012 — AIX Dump Analysis: Advanced Techniques
• 2012 — Power Systems of AIX - Virtualization II: Advanced PowerVM and Performance
• 2011 — System Operator Workshop for IBM i
• 2009 — Tivoli Storage Manager
• 2008 — AU14 - IBM - AIX 5L System Administration I
• 2008 — AU16 - IBM - AIX 5L System Administration II: Problem Determination
• 2008 — AU73 - IBM - System p LPAR and Virtualization I: Planning and Configuration
• 2008 — ICSNS - Implementing Cisco Storage Networking Solutions v3.0
• 2008 — SF-455U VERITAS Storage Foundation 5.0 for Solaris
• 2008 — DP-565U Veritas NetBackup 6.x for Unix, Administration
• 2008 — BCFP - Brocade Certified Fabric Professional update to 8G
• 2008 — BCFP - Brocade Certified Fabric Professional
• 2008 — SS490AFR IBM System Storage DS8000 Implementation Workshop for Open Systems
• 2008 — AU55RU - IBM - HACMP Installation & Implementation
• 2008 — AU54RU - IBM - HACMP System Administration I: Planning and Implementation
• 2008 — IBM DS4k Competitive Analysis Disaster Recovery Performance Tuning
• IBM Certified Advanced Technical Expert - pSeries and AIX 5L - 8/31/2009
• IBM Certified Systems Expert - Enterprise Technical Support for AIX and Linux 08/31/2009
• IBM Certified Specialist - High-End Tape Solutions Version 5 08/12/2009
• IBM Certified Specialist - System p Administration 06/25/2008
• IBM Certified Systems Expert - Enterprise Technical Support AIX 5L V5.3 06/25/2008
• IBM Certified Specialist - High End Tape Solutions Version 4 04/21/2008
• IBM Certified Specialist - System p Technical Sales Support 03/26/2008
Languages: Russian (Native), English (Fluent)
GreenCard holder, no sponsorship required.