Average customer request to technical support processing time reduced by 500% (from 5 minuts to 1) - это не по английски.
1. Нужен ли cover letter, если я ищу работу software engineer? Везде, куда засылал резюме, он optional. Влияют ли эти стандартные расшаркивания "я принесу пользу вашей компании потому что я крутой" на результат?
2. Покритикуйте, пожалуйста, резюме. Расчитываю на H1B, но не указал это в Objective, потому что хочу потренироваться в прохождении интервью.
Mobile: +1 (415) 692-5513, willing to relocate nationwide
Senior Software Engineer
Accomplished results-oriented software engineer with 13 years of programming experience. Strong education background in algorithms and mathematics. Solid background in OO programming, analysis and design. Productive in both team-based and self-managed projects. Extensive experience in developing high loaded java back-ends.
Programming languages: Java, Scala, Python, SQL, XSLT, Bash
Frameworks: Spring, Vaadin, SWT
Java EE: EJB, JMS, Servlets, JPA, JPQL, JAAS, JAX-RS
DBMS: MySql, PostgreSQL, VoltDB, MongoDB, Cassandra
Tools: Maven, Ant, Sbt, Intellij Idea, Eclipse, Linux
VCS: Git, Mercurial, Subversion, ClearCase
Sep 2013 – Present: Senior Software Engineer, Trans IT
1. Develop next generation high loaded backend for Russian Railroads ticket booking system. Java EE, EJB, JMS, JPA, VoltDB.
2. Develop dynamic business rule management system with rich web UI. Java, Spring, JPA, Vaadin.
- Work in agile team, practice scrum on daily basis with weekly sprints
- Develop applications architecture and implementation in tight cooperation with BAs, perform code reviews, mentor new hired colleagues
Sep 2006 – Aug 2013 Senior Software Engineer and Team Lead, Yandex
Yandex is the search company #1 in Russia.
Developed backends for high loaded Yandex services such as Yandex.Fotki (public photo hosting), Yandex.Disk (cloud storage) and Yandex.Video (video hosting). Java, Python, MySql, CORBA.
- Worked in geographically distributed team
- Developed backend architecture and implementation, including distributed database design
- Interacted with product managers
- Lead a team up to 3 developers
As a part of a team, developed from scratch arguably the best photo hosting in russian web at the time (over 10 millions unique users monthly), inherent properties of which always were stability and seamless scaling.
Feb 2005 – Aug 2006 Software Engineer, Borland
Worked as a part of Together Architect team, developed the design patterns search module. Desktop Java, Eclipse platform.
Apr 2004 – Feb 2005 Software Engineer, Motorola
Participated in project of rewriting mobile phone UI in Java.
Jan 2004 – Apr 2004 Junior Software Engineer, Actimind
Participated in Java EE web application development. Servlets, EJB, XML, XSLT.
Apr 2001 – Dec 2003 Software Engineer, Smartech non-profit organisation
Several telecom-related projects, C/C++. Developed Linux drivers for custom hardware and an application for optimal data routing in custom network.
Saint Petersburg State Electrotechnical University "LETI", faculty of Computer Science
Master's degree in Applied Mathematics
1998 – 2004
Principles of Reactive Programming, Coursera, December 2013
Functional Programming Principles in Scala, Coursera, May 2013
Sun Certified Java Programmer, 2004
нужен если в компанию напрямую. Если рекрутеру в непонятную компанию - забейте.1. Нужен ли cover letter, если я ищу работу software engineer?
Why do we fall? So we can learn to pick ourselves up
Прошу помочь!!! Что не так в резюме? Дело уже серьезно, я уже билет обратно собираюсь покупать. Ну хоть убейте не понимаю в чем проблема. Ну не могу я никак взять оффер! Аплаюсь по всей стране.
Brooklyn, NY 12345, (617)123-4567, firstname.lastname@example.org
Objective: To obtain a position of Unix/Linux Systems Administrator, where my education, training, and proven ability can be fully applied
Summary: Detail-oriented professional with 6+ years of experience in Unix/Linux Systems Administration. Ability to work alone as well as cohesively within a team and build positive relationships across an organization. Able to quickly learn new technologies and adapt to new environments. Experience in networking including routing, switching and firewalls. Excellent communication skills.
Work Experience: September 2011 — June 2014 Unix/Linux Systems Administrator, Systems Administration Department
Bla-Bla Bank, OJSC
- Systems Administration (Unix/Linux)
- Installation, maintain and monitoring Solaris 10, Red Hat Enterprise Linux/CentOS 5/6, FreeBSD, etc. on virtual and physical servers
- Monitoring, troubleshoot services, install patches for OS & applications in large enterprise environment
- Depth analysis of performance issues 24x7 systems
- Maintain production servers (Weblogic, Oracle DB, Iplanet WS on Solaris OS, apache, etc.). Hardware from HP, Dell x86 up to the SPARC Enterprise M9000, T-series.
- Additional application programming for the Support Department(*nix scripting, perl, python, ant, etc.)
- Prepared and implemented migration production servers from SPARC to X86 architecture as a systems administrator
- Independently implemented various banking projects (from OS install to production implementation)
- Technologies and configuration: solaris zones, ZFS/UFS, solaris cluster, multipath, LVM, SVM, etc.
- Maintained enterprise backup system Tivoli Storage Manager
March 2007 — September 2011 Senior Systems Administrator/Network Engineer, IT Department
Government organization of the Uryupinsk Region
- Systems Administration (Windows, Unix/Linux)
MS: AD, GP, DNS, DHCP, IIS;
Unix/Linux: Samba, Squid, Socks, Apache, Exim, Iptables/Ipfw, Bind, MySQL and more
- Installation, maintain and monitoring Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4/5/6, FreeBSD, AIX, etc. on virtual and physical servers
- Networking. Cisco (PIX 515, 25xx, 29xx, 37xx, Catalyst 3550, ASA 5520), 3Com (4900), Avaya (P332)
- Maintenance of PBX Avaya S8500, Avaya IP Office 406
- Remotely monitored, managed and controlled equipment in branch offices
- Installed and configured a transport network of the Federal Treasury which allowed branch offices to communicate directly with each other across country
- Configured links between network equipment and PBX. Proper adjustment of the equipment has significantly reduced the cost of long-distance out of company communication
- Transferred all organizational units to a common ip addressing scheme
- Implemented a system monitoring system nagios for monitoring all enterprise equipment and services
- Increased reliability and backup area after the introduction of an additional backup system bacula
- Automated many enterprise processes using scripting (*nix scripting, php, perl)
Linux (RHEL/CentOS, Debian, etc.), Solaris, *BSD, AIX, Windows (Windows 9x/NT/2000/XP/2003/7/2008)
Perl (+regular expressions), PHP (+MySQL, sessions), Unix shell scripting, Python
Networking (Routers, Firewalls, Switches) Cisco and other
Cisco 2509 (Routing, ppp-server), Cisco 1750V, 2801, 3725 (Routing, voice over frame relay), Cisco Catalyst 3550 (Routing, interVLAN routing, ACL), Cisco PIX 515E, ASA 5500 (Firewall, NAT, ACL)
Servers HP, IBM, Dell, Sun
PBX Avaya S8500, Avaya IP Office 406
Apache, MySQL, Bind, Sendmail, Exim, Cyrus IMAP/POP3 servers, Samba (+ADS Domain Membership), OpenLDAP, NFS, Bacula, Nagios, Ejabberd, ProFTPD, VSFTPD, Squid, Socksd, PHP, Puppet
AD, DNS, DHCP, IIS, TS, GP, SMS 2003, Exchange 2003; Kaspersky Administration Kit
Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA), October 2014
Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), September 2013
Education And Training:
Bachelor's degree of Computer Science, Computer Security, Uryupinsk State University, 2008
Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 1,2 (ICND1, ICND2), Cisco Systems Training Center, Moscow, March 2009
zl0, я не эксперт, но по статьям что читала: поднимите Skills наверх.
Эту тему просматривают: 1 (пользователей: 0 , гостей: 1)